Wednesday 7 November 2012

A hen in a yurt



Last weekend I went to a hen party in the Peak District. 16 of us stayed in 3 yurts to celebrate the hen's wedding next month. It was November and jeepers it was cold. Here's the memories I've taken away:



- The yurts were beautiful and compared to normal camping v glamorous but NEVER stay in one in November. The MUD got into most places and the COLD got everywhere else. I have never been so pleased to have my wellies.



- The mud and the cold bonded us much quicker then on previous hen parties I've been to!



- A cup of tea followed by bacon, sausage and eggs was the most welcome breakfast ever.



- Wearing 5 layers became the norm.



- A lot of champagne, cava, wine and vodka was got through.

- Plate painting in Baked Well of Bakewell was a lot more fun then it looked on the site. We each painted a plate or bowl for the bride and groom, had a picnic lunch and kir royales. They had so many other things to paint I'm going to find one locally and take Charlie to make some Christmas decorations.

 
 

 

- Pink fluff was kept to a minimum but it was fun to have. The Mr & Mrs game was hilarious but the hen was too good, she knows her husband to be v v well.

- We somewhat took over the 50's night at the pub, much to the surprise of the locals. But like premature Cinderellas left them to it when the minibus arrived at 10pm.

- There was a snow shower/mini blizzard on our way back to the yurts.

-The 2nd morning it was so cold I had to wipe frost off my phone and our water bottle had ice in it.



- The drive there and back was fun, strangers became comrades, sweets and chocolates were passed around and we cursed the bad driving habits of certain coaches and lorries.

- So pleased to see my boys when I got home. C had so much to tell me about aquariums and fireworks and loved that I brought him back a couple of Schleicher toys for his collection. Potty training had continued to go well, my little guy was in pants and told us when he needed to go! Many hugs were had and as I was feeling tired and ill hubs made me hot tea and dinner.

So would I go yurting again? Yes. Those 3 little yurts nestled within the vast fields, hills and dry stone walls of the Peak District were beautiful. I would love to go back in the summer with a couple of other families. The boy would love the farm and the fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...