Monday 6 May 2013

A busy bank holiday Monday

Today Charlie and I caught up with friends and enjoyed the beautiful May Day sunshine.

 
First up I went for a run this morning. Yes. Me. A run. I used to run all the time but haven't for years, not really since before C was born. So with some early morning sunshine and Tom watching C, I put on my gym kit and headed for the park. Obviously I was pretty rubbish, but it was fun and lovely to see the early morning sun light sparkling on the whole of the city as I stood at the top of the hill.




After a quick shower and picnic making session, C and I went out to the park again and met up with his best friend and her mama. They've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and C has been asking about little Miss C for ages. They had fun at the play park, watching the birds on the lake and playing football on the grass. Plus C was a champ using his potty in the park.

 


 
 
Back at home I picked up the picnic, C used the potty and we set out again. This time to our local museum to catch up with some NCT friends. The three boys had lots of fun together, seeing the fish, blowing bubbles and eating outside on picnic blankets in the sunshine. After lunch we wandered over to the sheep, then on the way home as the buses were running late, the boys were excited to get the train. C was not so much of a potty training champ with two accidents but he countered that with one proper potty use, so not all bad.
 
 

Back home I did some baking for Wednesday (little cake for C to have on his actual birthday) whilst the boys watched the muppets.

Bank holidays spent at home are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...