Thursday 21 October 2010

Food Food Food

We started weaning at 21 weeks and I was super excited. We're now 3 weeks in and the great food adventure continues. Daddy bear has real food issues whilst I'll eat pretty much anything. I want our beautiful son to grow up with a real love for food, I want us to share everyday home cooked meals, pizza night treats, Chinese and Indian and Thai meals, the fun of making cakes together, trying new foods on holiday and sharing with family and friends. I want my son to take after me and not Daddy for this one.

So weaning is a BIG thing for me. At the moment we're on the basics - baby rice and porridge, carrots, parsnips, butternut squash, apple, pear, peach and papaya - but last night I cooked veggie soup and baby bear and I both had some - to sit and eat the same, healthy home cooked meal as my boy felt wonderful. Yes his table manners are atrocious, yes more food went in his nose, hair and eyebrows then in his mouth and yes he spit up a lot of it, but this first shared meal will be remembered.

And he's getting the hang of the sippy cup too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...