Thursday 6 January 2011

Nursery - eek

This week C-bear started nursery. I can't believe my maternity leave is almost over, I can't believe I won't be with my little guy 24/7 and above all I can't believe Charlie is 8 months old - wow 8 whole months and he's grown so much. But back to the topic, nursery eek. Yesterday was horrible, I took him into the baby room at nursery and stayed with him for two hours. The nursery is lovely, they have lots of activities, nice carers and it's bright, clean and full of toys. But it felt so wrong. For the past 8 months I've been C's 1on1 carer, I'm right by him when he bumps his head, or has a cough or does something new and clever and now he'll be going into 1on3 care, his key worker is lovely but she has 2 other older babies to keep her eye on, my little love won't be the centre of attention and I feel so bad that I won't be there.

Today was slightly better, I took him in at 9.30am, handed him straight over and came back to collect him at 11.30am. He was absolutely fine, had fun playing with musical instruments and had raisins and breadsticks at breaktime. He was rocked to sleep and put in a cot, but only napped for 5 mins because of all the noise. The whole morning tired him out, he slept in the buggy on the walk home and didn't wake when I transferred him to his cot (yay).

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...