Saturday 23 March 2013

Toddler day out in London

After the rollercoaster of the last week and a half I decided that my son and I needed a Mummy-Charlie day out. So having gone back to work for the first time on Thursday, I kept Friday as a holiday day and took my boy for some toddler fun in London.



We went to The London Transport Museum for Tom's birthday at the start of the month and got given a free annual pass, so because he had enjoyed it so much I took the boy back to look at all the trains and buses.

My new office is on the 6th floor of a gorgeous building in Piccadilly, so after visiting the museum we went to see my colleagues. Charlie loved the view through the window, in particular the massive cranes just outside and the fact that he could see the London Eye. We then bought a new Thomas book (Alfie the Excavator) and read it and did jigsaw puzzles in the café.

A long bus ride, train home and walk in the park have made my little lad super tired and he fell fast asleep when we got home, hopefully dreaming of trains and cranes.

I love it that London is right on my doorstep and C has got to an age where we can really enjoy a day out together. Plus, apart from lunch and the book, the whole day cost me nothing and kept my mind from those dark thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...