Friday 13 September 2013

The changing of seasons

Summer here has fallen quickly and suddenly into autumn. The warmth replaced with a chill at the beginning and end of the day. For the first time we've had the heating on for that first hour when 5am starts are made worse by the cold.

My walk home from book club last night was a glorious mix of summer and autumn. The sky was navy blue with a chill so dense you could have cut it. The air was seasoned with wood smoke from someone's cosy fireplace yet the heady scent of summer's roses grasped at me as I walked passed the neighbourhood gardens. I was pleased I'd worn my winter coat and the faint clip of my boots was satisfying after months of flip flop use.

This morning was another story, the house was freezing but when I left for the 6am train the weather was wet and mild and so fir today the promise of a crisp autumn has retreated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...