Thursday 17 February 2011

A month back at work

So I haven't posted for a while, why? Maternity leave has ended and I'm back at work. I can't believe a month, a whole month has passed by and I've been too busy to notice. I love being back at work, it's so normal after the whole brand new adventure of mummyhood, don't get me wrong, if I could I'd drop it all and become a stay-at-home Mum, but it's nice to know exactly what I'm doing again!

My commute is a nightmare, a min of an hour and a half and 3 trains, but it does mean I can read again, I've read 4 yes 4 whole novels in the last 4 weeks - yay. I'm working flexi hours, which means 2 days a week leaving the house at 6am to leave work in time to collect C-bear before 6pm (we get fined £1 a min for every min we're late after 6pm). Then 2 days a week taking C to nursery so working late to make up the time missed in the morning. I do have Friday's off which is amazing. I love my Friday Mummy and Charlie time, it's wonderful.

Charlie has developed sooo much in the past month, he's now 9 months old and is learning so much. He can crawl and is really nippy, he's also learning to stand and will take steps holding onto my hands or the Vtech baby walker. We've babyproofed the flat, the TV is now on the wall, we have more shelves and everything dangerous is off the floor.

So work is fun, being with the baby is fun, commutes are not and neither's working late. I'm learning to be super organised. All in all a v busy month but we're all settling into our new routine and looking forward to the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...