Sunday 22 May 2011

Ssshhh Mummy's tired

I am exhausted, who knew having a one year old could be so tiring?? I expected the first year to be tiring, lack of sleep, midnight (1am, 2am, 3am) feeds and recovering from the birth, but now it's a whole new level of exhaustion. Yes he sleeps through most nights now, yes I hardly breastfeed at all (just one bedtime feed and we're phasing that out), yes my body has had a year to repair itself from the stress of pregnancy and birth. I'm getting more sleep then I did this time last year, but I'm using up so much more energy. C-bear is v nearly walking, he can do a few steps by himself and is constantly crawling and cruising - who knew a crawling baby could be so nippy? I'm constantly watching him, running after him, calling him back and he just doesn't seem to stop. He naps for an hour at most and then he's up and at them for the rest of the day. I love this phase, he's so excited by everything, I could just do with more time to sleep and time to sit down and have a coffee.

P.S. The answer to my 'who knew' questions - I guess every mother out there knows, you just don't appreciate exactly how tiring having a baby is until you've got one.

P.P.S. But I just can't resist doing absolutely anything for this little face.





Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...