Friday 9 December 2011

What to do with an ill 19 month old

C-bear has a bad cold, a constantly running nose, hacking cough, on and off temperature etc. I've had the last two days off work to look after him and boy am I exhausted. I'd forgotten what it's like to have the boy on my own all day long, particularly as I've now caught the rotten cold from him! Anyway, here's our sick days in pictures.

We got out the Christmas books and introduced C to Santa Claus

we built towers with the jigsaw, C balanced the fire engine himself!

We painted

We wrapped up warm and had a short walk in the park

We put on Mama's slippers and ate an apple

We napped with most of our toys, 'rudo' and took off our socks before falling asleep
One quick moan, I hate our doctor's appointment system. You can only book same day appointments and have to call at 8am to book one. I phoned at 8am and didn't get through until 8.45am!!! By then all the appointments had gone, so I said what am I supposed to do, I have a sick 19 month old and they were proposing I call back at 8am on Monday (3 full days away) to try for another appointment! Only after I'd made a fuss did the receptionist offer to get a doctor to phone me at some point before midday, and when he did call a couple of hours later, he gave me an appointment at 5.20pm this evening. I also wanted to see the doctor as I'm also ill and my asthma is playing up, but I can't do that until Monday, this evening's appointment is just for the boy. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...