Sunday 11 March 2012

How to make a wedding cake - Part two


So here's the finished cake! Here's how we did it:

- Wellington Barn stacked them for us on the wedding day morning and then my lovely florist (a family friend) decorated with flowers. She made a mini bouquet for the top and ivory roses on the other tiers. The flowers matched those in my bouquet and on the table decorations, button holes etc.

- You could tell the cake was home-made, it was a little wonky in parts, the icing didn't have a completely perfect finish and pillars weren't exactly straight, but I loved it and was really proud of what Mum and I (well mostly Mum) had achieved.

- The biggest problem with the cake was it's size, the weight and the too short dowels meant that it did begin to collapse! We'd planned to cut it at 7pm, just before the first dance, but instead we were advised to cut it at 3pm, just in case it didn't last. Once we'd cut it, the cake was actually left out standing tall until 7pm anyway, but it did have small cracks in the icing in the middle tier.

- C-bear loved the cake cutting, he is addicted to cake, you just have to say the C-word and he'll repeat it constantly (cake, cake, cake - vision the seagulls in Nemo saying "cake" instead of "mine"), the photo of him is so cute, he was so intent on getting a piece!

- We served the cake with the evening buffet at 8pm and it was well received. However the next day when we collected our things from the barn, even though the two massive platters of cut cake had gone, we brought back about 3/4s of the cake, honestly I think the cake would have served 250 rather then just 80.

- I left a load with my Mum, gave some to my brother and still brought a ton back to London with me. I brought half of it into work and it fed the rest of the Marketing Team for a couple of days!

- I still have some of the fruit cake left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...