Sunday 25 March 2012

2nd Birthday Ideas

C-bear will be two in May, so I've been coming up with thoughts on what to get him. I was particularly pleased when I first started thinking about things a couple of weeks ago Mum Down South had already written a post almost identical to the one in my head!

We want to get him some sort of ride-on to take to the park and I was thinking about a Scuttle Bug or a Sramble Bug which are advertised for one - three year olds, but then I read the reviews and loads of parents were saying that although they're great for a one year old, they're just too small for two plus. I then saw one in John Lewis and had to agree, they're very cute but too little for my growing boy.

Mookie Scuttle Bug
Mookie Scramble Bug


So then, using the power of Amazon's customers who bought this also bought... I discovered the Balance Bike! I'd never heard of them before but they sound great. Basically it's a little wooden bike with no pedals and no brakes! The idea is that your toddler scoots along using their feet and learning how to balance as if it was a proper bike. There's two on Amazon which I really like:


 Now that I've found out about them, I see them everywhere! They look so fun, my little man is going to love taking his to the park this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Daniel has a scuttle bug and absolutely loves it, but I can see what you mean about it being small, he's quite a tiddler! I want to get him a balance bike too, they look so good!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I wish I got C a scuttle bug 6 months ago, he'd have loved it! So pleased you want a balance bike too, they look great. I'm now deciding on what helmet to get with it...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...