Monday 2 April 2012

My 22/23 month old

Wow, in (way less than) two months time C-bear will be two and I'm so loving this stage. He's a complete person in miniature, full of fun and mischief with a sprinkling of frustration beginning to show through mini temper tantrums. At the moment he is:



- Addicted to statues - he can't get enough of them, we have a London picture book and all he wants to look at is Nelson's Column and the Lions around the base!

- He can sometime string about 3 words together, "Charlie eat cake", "What Daddy Doin" etc. But mostly it's two words, the one that's killing us with the cute at the moment is 'funny', he says it whenever Daddy Bear or I do something to make him laugh, he giggles and then clarifies with 'funny' or 'Daddy funny'!

- Constantly chattering, yesterday when I pushed him up the hill from nursery he was singing a made up song to himself, and I think he was literally singing 'Danger, Danger, Danger, Danger, Danger!' When I queried this he didn't deny it, he was just so happy to be singing and I can't think what else he could have been saying.

- He loves his friends at nursery, each morning we go through a list of people we're going to see, his 'girlfriend' is at the top of that list, then lots of the boys, then the teachers, then the other girls!

- Really enjoying the March warm weather, it's lovely to pick him up from nursery and all the kids are out in the garden and he can do so much more then last year. He's in and out of the ride on cars, running round the tree, hiding in the wendy house.

- Still a fussy eater, but I'm finding more things to tempt him. Pasta is a firm favourite, I made an Annabel Karmel recipe for tuna and tomato pasta with cheese and mushroom sauce, I didn't think he'd eat the mushroom sauce, but he did, he ate it all! He also loves ketchup, I gave him it originally to get him to eat some fish pie, and now if I want him to eat something a little of the red stuff usually does the trick.

-  Wants to walk everywhere and is getting really good at holding my hand next to the road, though we still put reins on just in case. Also when we're coming home and he's tired/grumpy, the reins help to keep him walking without me constantly telling him to hold my hand or be carried!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...