Saturday 28 April 2012

C-bear's Nursery


I thought I'd give you a mini tour of Charlie's nursery. It's quite a tiny room, but we've added a few touches so he enjoys his time in there. As he's getting bigger it's evolving away from a baby's room, to that of a little boy, so I thought I'd capture it as it is today.

(1) Mama print, this is my mother's day card, I love knowing that inside is lots of lovely pencilled scribbles from my boy.
(2) Charlie sign, this is on the door to his room, it was a Christmas present from his Great Auntie Pat. C loves looking at the letters and listing the animals. He also always tries to grab them and doesn't understand that they're just for looking at.
(3) Sir Charlie Stinkysocks artwork. This is a print I was given by a children's publisher through my work about 5 years ago. Although at the time I had no plans for a child, I kept hold of it and when we knew we were having a boy I put it in the frame. The book it's from is called 'Sir Charlie Stinkysocks and the Really Big Adventure' by Kristina Stephenson, so the name's appropriate too! I bought the book for him a couple of months ago but it's a little old with too much story at the moment.
(4) Papa print, this hangs next to the Mama one and is the birthday card Charlie gave to Daddy this year. Again, it has a birthday message to Daddy full of C's drawings.
(5) The shelf. The main reason for the shelf is for somewhere to keep his toiletries (baby powder, oilatum cream, nail clippers etc), but the other half gets to hold nice things that are a little to delicate for C to touch. Currently it has his nursery official photo, 2 egg cups with soldiers, a photo of baby C in a cat frame, an Ireland lorry from Granny and Grandad's Irish holiday last year and a wooden train with his name on from Great Auntie Paula and Great Uncle Bill.
(6) Clock and frieze. The clock was an engagement present from my Auntie Pam and family, but the bright colours made it perfect to fit in the nursery when we moved house (it used to be in the living room of our Battersea flat). The alphabet frieze I got last year for his birthday. I loved it so much I also got ones for some of his baby friends 1st birthdays.
(7) Cot. He's still in a cot (23 months) and is showing no signs of needing to move to a toddler bed. He occasionally tries to climb out, but can't actually scale it yet! Also he still sleeps in a sleep bag, so that's an added hindrance to escape! In the mornings he talks to himself in his cot and is usually sitting up waiting for us. The first thing he always says is "baggie off" and then he stands up with his arms in the air so we can take him out of the sleep bag and set him down on the floor. The toy animals are his sleeping companions, bunny he was given from Nana for his first Christmas (this is a replacement as the original one was lost last year). Cat, Daddy and I bought for him when T's parents got a new kitten, it was a 'practise' cat to teach him how to be gentle, and it worked! Elephant was his Christmas present this year from Nana and Grandad (cousin Max got a monkey in the same set). Very Hungry Caterpillar was a 1st Christmas present from my cousin Helen. Alfie bear, he hasn't played with this for months, but we found it again 2 weeks ago and he's played with it every night. It's a musical bear that has buttons and plays songs. (Monkey toy is missing as he was having a 'bath' in the washing machine at the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...