Sunday 15 April 2012

Learning to count

Over the past few weeks we've been talking numbers with C-bear. When he stayed with Nana and Grandad, they taught him to hold up fingers and say "one, two, three" and I've been reading a lot of books with a counting theme, particularly Ten Little Ladybirds, which he loves.

So whilst he was eating his orange for pudding today, he shocked both Daddy bear and me by clearly saying "1,2,3,4,5,6, 6 oranges". It was amazing, I immediately tried to get a film of him saying it, but it seems it was a one time only trick, the first film I took he says "1,2,3,5" and then proceeds to fill his nappy (!) so I tried again later when he was eating an ice lolly. I couldn't get him to say it as clearly or by himself, but a cute counting film anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...