Saturday 10 March 2012

Mama Bride


We've not got the official photos yet, but lots of my friends and family got some great shots which they've sent to us. I love digital cameras, we had over 800 photos on our laptop the morning after the wedding! Anyway, to be a bit of a bridezilla, these are my favourite shots of me!

1 - Cutting the cake - we had to do this early because the cake was so heavy we were scared it would begin to collapse if we left it too late!
2 - Confetti - I bought 10 litres of dried flower petals, it was quite expensive (plus this was on special offer as it was seconds) but so worth it. We got absolutely covered in confetti, my brother got a well aimed throw down my neckline and I was still finding confetti that night! The kids loved it, they loved throwing it and stamping on it afterwards.
3 - Posing for photos - I love the hills behind us
4 - My colleague Ant got this shot of me, I love it. I remember I was moving quite quickly and he snapped and got a perfect shot! I also love the yellowy natural light as he didn't use the flash.
5 - Signing the register - we've got loads of photos of us doing this as the registrar invited guests to take photos and we were posing for at least 10 minutes (it's not the actual signing as it's illegal to take photos of this, so it's a posed shot and I remember worrying that I'd touch the pen to the paper and make a mark on the next couple's register entry!)
6 - Another shot from Ant, I saw him lining up the photo so gave him the thumbs up. Another colleague who's now left had a Thai girlfriend, she thought the phrase was 'thumb up' because you only ever show one thumb, it makes complete sense, and this photo makes me think 'thumb up'
7 - Having a drink - the wine was really really lovely, I kept putting my glass down and losing it and actually didn't drink that much, but I love this pic of me, beginning to relax in the early evening.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Looks like you had a superb day. I love 'thumb up'! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I still can't get over what a nice day it was, we should have done it years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...