Thursday 14 April 2011

First Birthday Invites

I'm starting to get ready for Charlie's First Birthday (yay). Although I've already emailed everyone, I've now bought some super cute invitations to send through the post. I know they're not necessary but I love knowing that they will bring a smile to the invitees. Also it's nice to think that some of them (sent to Grandparents at least) will be kept and looked at in years to come.

        

The jungle animals are the invites I bought from a kids boutique opposite my work. The 1st birthday ones are leftovers from a friend. I can't decide which I like more.

We're having two parties for Charlie. I've read a lot about how parties for a one year old are really only for the parents as the baby won't remember. But I think memories are so important, we'll take loads of photos and keep a copy of the invites so in a few years time Charlie can look back and see what we did for him.

Why two parties? Because I agree with the advice about over-stimulating a baby on their birthday. The first party will be on Friday, it will just be for me, Charlie and all our baby friends and their Mummys. We've invited 10 babies in all and should be really fun if not a little manic! Fingers crossed the weather holds, we're going to have a picnic in the park. The second party will be for family and close friends, a barbecue at T's parents house. Again fingers crossed for the weather!

I'm so excited, my mind is constantly whirring away, thinking up little things we can do to add to the fun. Have you got any 1st birthday tips? Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...