Friday 1 April 2011

Party Mama

Welcome, I'm joining in with The Ultimate Blog Party 2011!

Ultimate Blog Party 2011

This is me:
Hello. I'm Meg, a.k.a. The London Mama - original title huh! I live in London, UK and am Mama to Charlie, my 11 month old son. Here's my boys:
My fiance Tom and the baby this blog is all about, Charlie. A.K.A C-bear, Charlito and Little Guy.

So I started this blog in 2009 as The Battersea Booklover, at the time T and I were living in Battersea (just south of the river, famous for Battersea Dogs Home, Power Station and Park) and I worked for a bookseller. I still do work for that same bookseller (had nine blissful months maternity leave and went back this Jan), but we moved to Crystal Palace (South London, famous for the Crystal Palace - a Victorian exhibition palace that burnt down) when C-bear was on the way. If you're a Mummy, you'll know that being a Mama changes you and I no longer felt like the Battersea Booklover, so I changed the name to reflect who I am now, a Mama bringing up her little man in London.

I haven't pushed my blog out there, it started off as a private place to put down my thoughts and then somewhere for me to record Charlie as he grows but the more I read other peoples blogs - and there's so many great Mama blogs out there (hello, if you have one leave me a comment, I'd love to meet you) the more I want to get involved. The more I want to meet new people and swap tips on bringing up babies and having some fun on the way.

So I write about all the little things we're doing, I'm a busy working Mum, I don't get to write every day, but usually a couple of times a week at least. I love taking photos - just snaps on my trusty digital camera - I don't think it's a good post without at least one photo to illustrate! I also throw in the odd book review, I love to read, anything and everything, and would love to hear your book recommendations as well.



So in a nutshell that's me. I hope you enjoy my little blog, please look around, if you like what you see become a follower (purleease) and I hope to swap blog tips with you soon!

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Stopping by for the party!

    What a lovely family you have.

    Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from UBP! Love to read and have 4 kids :) I have been to London a few times and loved it. What a great place to live. Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the UBP! I also love to read and am currently trying to squeeze in a mere 12 books this year. I've managed 3 so far! I read the Hunger Games trilogy and absolutely loved it. If you haven't read them yet, do it now! They're very good.

    Happy UBP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're one of the few non US/Canada blogs I've encountered in the list! I'm Grace and I'm visiting from Dubai, UAE via the UBP! :-)

    Here's my party post:http://www.sandierpastures.com/blogging/ultimate-blog-party-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Meg! I'm stopping by from UBP2011. I read your birth story and it brought tears to my eyes. Four months ago I had my baby daughter and I had to stay in hospital for 5 days. I can remember the feelings. I'll be following:) Have a nice day!
    Dimitra from greenceramictablelamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...