Thursday 16 June 2011

Full time Mama

Tomorrow is my last Friday off work, as of next week I will become a full-time working Mum. It's a real case of heart vs. head. I know it makes sense, financially we'll have more money as nursery will cost less per day when C-bear is full time and I'll be earning more. However when I think about it too hard, my heart starts screaming, my whole being wants to be with my boy, it was such a hard choice to make. My work has been really good, I've had a pay rise and I'll be working from home one day a week (to save time travelling and get a few chores done so I have more time with my boys on the weekend) but although I love my job, as a Mum it feels like something is wrong. Why is it that being a working Mum is not really a choice for the middle classes? If we were wealthy I could stay at home with my boy, if we were poor and on benefits I could stay at home, but where we are right now means that I have to work and pay the majority of my earnings to strangers to look after my baby. It just doesn't seem fair, and all I know right now is that I'm going to make the most of tomorrow and then plan every single weekend to make sure we have fun together when we can.

Who wouldn't want to be with this little face every day??

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...