Sunday 17 July 2011

First Haircut

How old was yours when you gave them their first haircut?

Tonight, at 14.5 months I had a first attempt at cutting C-bear's hair. Just at the back, it was growing long and rat-taily. First problem was working out where and when to do it. Charlie hates (H.A.T.E.S) having his nails cut, it's a full blown operation trying to distract and clip each one. So I was pretty sure he was not going to like having his hair cut. It's small metal things (scissors, nail clippers) that he loves and wants to hold, he just doesn't understand why he can't hold them. So, Daddy bear thought I should do it dry whilst he's distracted with toys. I thought probably best wet, so just after his bath, in his cot whilst I get him changed. In the end I cut it in the bath. Just the back, not really very short, but although it was five or six cuts across, it's pretty crooked. Daddy thinks he now looks like a girl with a bob, long fluffy baby curls at the front and short/wonky at the back. The poor little love, I expect this is the first of many terrible hair cuts for him.

2 comments:

  1. I hate cutting Kit's hair, I'm so worried what it will look like. I waited until he was about 20 months to even try (and that was because he could no longer see through it and got conjunctivitis!). I always do it in the bath now, and I just randomly cut at bits, luckily Kit's hair is curly at the back so the wonkyness doesn't show so much. For the fringe I always end up having to go back and correct the bath after! I did the same as you to start with and ignored the sides, and then when I had a bit more confidence I tackled them - I'd had to tackle the fringe to stop it getting in his eyes. I'm sure he looks fine (it doesn't look wonky in the pic), and it will grow back by the end of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conjunctivitis! Oh boy!! Thanks for the advice that it will grow back by the end of the week - that's really good to know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...