Saturday 23 July 2011

Working full time?

I'm still emotionally torn over whether this is the right thing to do. Yesterday I was supposed to be working from home but because Charlie was sick at nursery the day before and we couldn't take him back for 24 hours, I took a day's holiday and had Friday off with him. I could have taken unpaid emergency parental leave, but it's near the start of the financial year so I thought paid holiday would be the best option.

Learning from yesterday? I miss the 121 time having a weekday off lets me have with my son. I haven't noticed any change in him whatsoever to going from four days at nursery to five, but it was so nice to have a whole day just to ourselves.

Once Charlie was in bed, my friend had posted this Guardian article on FB which made me feel a lot better. Working is the absolutely right thing for me to be doing right now, it might change in the future but I firmly believe that Charlie will have a better quality of life with me earning then if I stayed at home and we scraped by on T's wages alone.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard isn't it? I just really treasure the time I have with Daniel now, & I think it might even make me love him more!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...