Wednesday 13 July 2011

Losing the baby weight

The title of this post might be a slight lie. Yes, I have baby weight, but I also have Mummy-sitting-drinking-tea-and-eating-cake-with-other-mummies weight to lose. Charlie is 14 months, I stopped breastfeeding totally about a month a go so three weeks ago I decided it was time to do something about it.

I didn't actually put that much weight on when pregnant, I was eating a lot healthier then I had previously and when Charlie was born yes I had a flabby, stretched belly, but I wasn't fat. 14 months later, I've put on more weight then I'd planned!!! I think it's justifiable, having a newborn is tiring, stressful and the last thing you want to think about is preparing healthy food. Throw in a tight maternity pay budget and tea and cake sessions with other Mamas, balanced out slightly by burning calories through breastfeeding, and your waist is the last thing on your mind. When I started weaning and slowly stopped breastfeeding, I also went back to work, mostly sitting down all day, and suddenly my weight ballooned.

So my plan:

4 weeks of Slimfast, to lose some initial weight and also as a sneaky way of being really appreciative when I switch to a long term diet plan.

Long term sustainable diet - I'm currently looking into Weight Watchers or Sainsbury's diets. Cost is important, I don't have loads to spend, but also I need this diet to work, so it's got to be something I can easily follow.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes... eek.



2 comments:

  1. I hope this goes well for you. Mummy-sitting-drinking-tea-and-eating-cake-with-other-mummies weight - glad to know it's not just me lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Finding it much harder than losing weight pre-baby. The boy keeps offering me hot buttered toast and cheerios!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...