Saturday 27 August 2011

An August Update

I feel like I haven't been blogging properly this month. So much has been going on and I've found I've had less time to write all down. So in quick, catch-up bullets:

* We've set a date for our wedding (Feb 2012) and have booked the venue - an Eighteenth Century barn that looks like this:



And is surrounded by these:



* I've got 6 months to lose my "baby weight" eek, so have joined a gym. It's not an expensive, scary one, more of a cheap, we know we're not first class but we'll help you lose weight, one. I'm scheduling in 3 30 min sessions a week which will hopefully see me drop that couple (well maybe 3) dress sizes.

*I'm still debating about diets. I did Slimfast for 5 weeks, but it's not sustainable and then holidays got in the way and I'm back to my old, unplanned, so therefore quick and filling, unhealthy ways.

*Charlie is growing fast. He runs around everywhere, loves going out on his reins (I've learnt to spell it the proper way instead of reigns) and copies words all the time. I wrote down a list of all the words he knows and it's currently at 20. I read somewhere that babies understand 10x the amount of words they can say, so that's amazing.

* Wedding is taking priority at the moment. My mind is a whirl with invite designs, booking of photographer, DJ, florist and Mum and I are going to make the cake together.

* I've started doing 'Gimme 5' posts (did you notice?) I've actually found the only time I have to myself to think about post writing is on the 3 trains I get to work. So I've bought a mini notebook and on my first train I write down ideas for posts(train 2 I read the paper and train 3 I read my book). Because I have to be quick, the 5 points came along and I like the idea so much I've written down tons. Now just to post them on here!

*It's a Bank Holiday this weekend, so extra time to spend with my boys. We're going to take C out somewhere but haven't decided where yet. Last week we took him to The Battersea Park Children's Zoo which was fantastic, when I've uploaded the photos I'll tell you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...