Monday 29 August 2011

Battersea Park Children's Zoo

Last weekend we took the boy to Battersea Park Children's Zoo. I hadn't been there for about 5 years and it was better then  remembered. Before the boy was born we used to live in Battersea and I really missed it when we first moved, going back was bittersweet, it still feels like home, I lived there for seven years, but also we've moved on so much and our current home has so many lovely memories of Charlie growing up in it.

The one definite change was the price, it used to be around £4, so I was a little taken aback at paying £8.50 per adult. C was free but will be £6.50 once he's over 2!

We had lots of fun looking at the animals, it's basically like London zoo but without the big beasts. So we saw tons of monkeys, meerkats, otters (soo cute) and exotic birds and also farm animals - goats, donkeys, pigs etc.


And the one major change since I was last there was the children's play area. It was Amazing, the best I've seen in London because there were so many parts to it. Lots of swings, slides, climbing frames, a whole fire engine (!) and a v. cute caterpillar tunnel that C loved. There was also a fantastic sand pit play area (we accidentally went there first and there were tears when we tried to move on).


And T took this film of the otters - so cute, when he stands up he's looking at the meerkats nextdoor!



So would I go back, yes definitely before C is two. If I still lived in the area I would buy a year pass and we'd go every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...