Friday 12 August 2011

"Done. No More"

This was Charlie's first ever sentence! While we were on holiday last week C's vocabulary grew loads and he quickly made the link from saying 'More' when he wants more food, to 'No More' when he's had enough. He also says 'Done' a lot, which he's picked up from me, whether we're eating, bathing, changing, reading etc. when we're finished I say "Done" to let him know that's it. So a couple of nights ago I was cleaning his teeth (which he begrudgingly lets me do each night) but we had only just started when the cheeky monkey said "Done, no more". I wasn't sure whether to be happy that he strung 3 words together or sad that he's now able to boss me around!

He's not repeated it since but it was such a wonderful experience to have my little boy using speech to tell me what he wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...