Thursday 25 August 2011

Gimme Five - Signs of Autumn

It's only the last week of August but this year already there's a hint of autumn in the air - which I love. Autumn is my favorite season and here's my reasons why.

Dinosaur in Crystal Palace Park
1. CRISP - The crisp, cool air in the morning. It's the time when gone is the muggy heat of summer (when you had all the windows open but still the flat felt like an oven) but we've not yet got the freezing mornings of winter (when you're constantly changing the temperature on the radiators to make sure baby isn't too cold or overheating!)
2. CLOTHES - I'm much more comfortable in cost autumnal layers. I don't need to worry about the flabby bits at the top of my arms or if my Mummy Tummy is looking too saggy in that summer dress. I can embrace jeans and long sleeved floaty tops with cardis.

3. BOOTS - Oh how I love leather knee length boots. Once it's turned cold enough to wear them I won't take them off until spring! My current ones are going into their 3rd autumn. I got them when I was pregnant, they're black, flat and comfy and look great over jeans.
4. SUN CREAM - No more fighting with the boy to plaster sunscreen all over him :)

5. LEAVES - Those perfect autumn mornings when the sky is pure brilliant blue and the trees are every shade of red, yellow, brown and orange imaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...