Sunday 6 November 2011

What we did this weekend

We had a pretty busy time this weekend. On Fri night we drove down to Nana and Grandad's. Charlie finally learnt how to say 'Grandad' and repeated it throughout the weekend, both at Tom's parents and when talking to my Dad on Skype, I think he's just made two Grandad's love him even more!

On Saturday we went to Toys R Us to find Christmas presents. After doing a lot of research, I decided to go with Duplo, we don't want to start collecting too many different types of toy and Duplo won out. Mainly, it will last a few years and grow with him, it's comes in all shapes and sizes so everyone can buy him it fir Christmas and birthday whatever their budget, it's been around for ages so easy to get on Ebay or in Charity shops too. I also looked at Brio trains, but he already has the ELC garage with cars that do similar things and when he's bigger we'll look at getting a proper train set. Anyway I'm rambling. At TRU we got him a starter Duplo kit, it was on offer and a Duplo zoo set.

As I said in my earlier post, we spent the afternoon and evening with Lisa and a very tired boy went to bed after Guy Fawkes night excitement. His late night didn't stop him from waking up at 6.30am though!

Today I've been to the park three times. First with the boy to the play park, where he looked like a little womble, running around in his parka. Then when C napped I went for a run in the park - and saw all the spent firework casings from last night. After lunch and a Skype with Uncle Simon and Auntie Nicki all three of us went back to the park for a walk. A friendly black Labrador offered us his ball a few times and C loved me kicking the ball for him.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...