Monday 7 May 2012

The last day of being a one year old!

Following on from my despairing post yesterday we've had a wonderful, lovely day today. C-bear is much better and on this, the day before his 2nd birthday, he's been the best little boy in the world! We spent our bank holiday Monday at home, playing with Charlie and finally finding a break in the rain to get outside and blow off some toddler energy.

We gave him his birthday balance bike early so he could have some time to play with it outside:


He's got about an inch to grow before he'll be able to balance on the bike by himself, but loved it when Daddy bear and I pushed him in the park. I'd also like to say a big thank you to Lenny. Who's Lenny? Lenny is our new YouTube friend :) A couple of days before we gave him the bike I googled for a film showing a toddler wearing a helmet on a balance bike, so I could show C-bear what fun having a bike could be and this film, starring Lenny, was absolutely perfect. Charlie loves watching Lenny, over the past 72 hours we must have watched this film over twenty times.

Other things we've crammed in today:


- Painting - C-bear pulled out the plastic tablecloth and asked if we could paint, I couldn't say no!
- Made birthday cupcakes to share with the staff and children at nursery tomorrow. I used recipes from this book (which I was given from my work when I went on maternity leave, because as a mother you need a good cake book!), I made carrot cake cupcakes, lemonlicious cupcakes and double chocolate cupcakes. The carrots I made from coloured icing (I cheated and bought it ready made) C-bear, in his usual fussy way ate the green icing but refused to try the orange icing, I think he thought it was actual carrot!!! Charlie helped me decorate them and was a little overwhelmed by so much "caaaakkke".
- Made a cushion nest and had general rough-housing shenanigans with Daddy.
- 2nd visit to the park, the sun was finally our so C and I went to the play park, where we made sand ladybirds, played peepo and rode the favourite blue dinosaur.
- Finally got to eat one of the chocolate cupcakes with an orange for pudding!

It's been such a lovely day and I can't wait to fill the next year with many more like it xxx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...