Tuesday 8 May 2012

Party bags


We're having a family birthday party on Saturday for the little man and then the following week we're having a mini party for some of his toddler friends. I've been thinking a lot about party bags, we didn't do them last year, but now the boys are two it's exciting for them to have something to take home at the end of the party. C-bear was given a lovely party bag from a recent party, it had some great toys in it but I was a little disappointed that it was also full of sugar sweets and a couple of toys that weren't age appropriate. When planning C-bear's party bags I selected things that I would be happy for him to play with, no additional sugar (they'll get enough with the cupcakes) and just a few nice quality things instead of loads of tat.

So, here's what I've got. We're only having 4 little friends over, so my budget was a little larger then if we had loads of kids coming! The raisins and fruit flakes I bought in multi-packs and we usually have some in the cupboard for C-bear anyway. The rubber cars I bought two sets of four from Sainsburys, they were £2.99 per set and perfect for 2 year olds as no small parts. The two spare ones I gave to C as a birthday present this morning. The gruffalo badges I got in a set of six from John Lewis. The mini bubbles were a set of four from the party section at Sainsburys. My favourite find, and the most expensive were the confetti disco light bouncy balls! These were £2 each from Hawkins Bazaar, C was given one as a Christmas present and loves it, so I was pleased to find somewhere that sold them to pass on the disco lights love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...