Thursday 29 November 2012

Fun Christmas Meme



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like the idea of Egg Nog, but never ever get round to making it, so Hot Chocolate, particularly with whipped cream and sprinkles.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I didn't know that he didn't wrap presents!! Definitely wrapped and in a stocking.

3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? No preference, but we have little white lights in the shape of stars to go on our tree, the colour is added from the decorations.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not usually, I would never buy it, but if I came across it in a wood, then I'd take some home, along with holly.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Mid December, not too early or too late.

6. What is your favourite holiday dish? My Mum's sausage and chestnut stuffing (plus the turkey with all the trimmings).

7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child? Having the house filled with family and different visitors arriving every day. Plus getting the Sylvanian Caravan was a pretty big thing for me.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Primary school, quite late, possibly when I was 7 or 8? Other kids in my class talked about him not be real.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No never, best to wait until the morning, though this year I will be bringing out Charlie's Christmas PJs from last year (I think they should still fit) for him to wear.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? When we moved just before C was born I gave our fake tree to a charity shop because I thought that from now on we'd get a real tree every year for our boy to help decorate. It didn't happen in his first year, we couldn't justify the cost whilst I was on mat leave, so I collected some evergreen branches and hung up my v. favourite decorations on there. Last year, we realised with so much baby stuff taking up the space there was no room for a large tree, so we got a teeny tiny one in a silver bucket. I have a whole box of special decorations I've collected over the year, they are a mix of colours and shapes and I love getting them out and hanging them on the tree. This year, we're going to look for a medium sized fake tree so C can enjoy decorating and it looks pretty, but as we won't have much time in the flat this Christmas, I'm being practical and going for less mess and effort!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love, love, love it! Yes, it can be a pain, but it's so pretty. We always go out in it as much as we can, making snowmen and last year took the mini sledge to the park and spent the whole afternoon playing in the snow.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, not amazingly but I can get by. Every year ice rinks pop up all over London (there's one at the Natural History Museum this year). I've been to one at Mansion House and Kew Park and one year we turned up for Boxing Day Ice Skating at Hampton Court, but got turned away as rain had melted the ice.

13. Do you remember your favourite gift? It was definitely my Sylvanian Caravan, but I also loved getting my bike, skateboard and tent as a kid. Very cheesy, but when I was pregnant with C, his first proper kick happened on Christmas eve when I was in bed alone at my Aunt's house - I felt that was pretty special.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Time away from work to spend 100% with my boy, plus seeing all the rest of the family.

15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?  Oooh, I love dessert, you can't beat Christmas Pudding with Rum Butter

16. What is your favourite holiday tradition? I love singing at carol services, Christmas parties through work (I have 4 this year) and gingerbread lattes! I'm also going to continue with the holiday pyjamas on Christmas Eve, though at two and a half Charlie won't mind that they're not brand new as he won't remember wearing them last Christmas.

17. What tops your tree? A silver star, much much better then an angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving, I like planning what I'm going to get everyone and then wrapping it nicely. This year C and I have made wrapping paper with brown paper, glitter and paint.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck, I like to see them hanging on a tree, but way too sweet to actually eat.

20. Favorite Christmas show? Muppets Christmas Carol.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? T's favourite is Fairy Tale of New York, it's pretty sad though, but beautiful to listen to.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? When a Child is Born, I love that it makes me all tingly just listening to it.

Thank you to Beth at MommaBandBabyboy for sharing this Meme! I've been at home all day with an ill boy (winter stomach virus, throwing up and temp) so it's been nice to think about Christmas and get into the festive mood for the next few weeks!

PS - after filling this out I downloaded the Mog's Christmas e-book and have been reading it with C on my Fire. Am now going to finish wrapping the 25 Christmas picture books I'll be turning into an advent read for Charlie, more about this later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...