Friday 28 October 2011

Wedding rings

We bought our wedding rings last weekend, having the rings makes the wedding feel one step closer and suddenly much more real! So far we've booked the venue, sorted out the registrar, sent out the invites and set up the gift list, BUT knowing that tucked away is my beautiful ring makes it so much more exciting. I keep having to get it out to check it still fits and is still perfect (!) Tom's will be joining it in a few weeks as the jeweller had to order his size in.

We bought the rings in Canterbury, they're 18 Carat White Gold with bevelled edges, so it matches my engagement ring. They look a little like this:

I love that we bought my engagement ring in York and our wedding rings in Canterbury. I love supporting independent jewellers rather then big chains, and I love how having the ring makes me feel. Since I was a child I've always known that I'd get married and have a wedding ring. Then I'd assumed it would look exactly like my Mum's (plain gold band) but now that I know what my wedding ring looks like, it's one more part of my day dreamed life as a child that's been put into place. In the same way that wondering what colour hair and eyes your baby will have, or what job you'll do, it's one more step into life, and the love and security that one little band of gold can create is amazing.

Now to decide what to engrave on the inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...