Friday 14 October 2011

What pram?

I recently heard that a friend is pregnant and it got me thinking. If I was to do it all again, as in have a first baby rather then a second (!), what would I do differently? And my first thought was prams! I did tons of research before buying ours but had no idea really what to get, having had no experience of prams, buggies or pushchairs since I was in them 30 years ago! So when I made my decision, I reckoned I'd made the best choice and I was happy, but for city living I think where I went wrong was size.

We got a Pliko Pramette in grey polka dots, and I loved it (I still do) The info on the Mamas and Papas website says:

Pliko Pramette Polka
The Pliko Pramette is the original and the lightest pramette. Transforms from a pram into a pushchair without adding or taking anything away, making life easier for you as a parent and making every moment with your baby one to enjoy.

And it was great that it did so much, no separates for us, our Travel System was a pram, pushchair and car seat all in one. It was much smaller then what I remembered from the 80s, yet still safe and secure for a newborn. But now I've seen a lot of my friends prams, I think the crucial bit of advice I was missing was that size doesn't matter!

Sola
Long story short if I was to do it again I'd go with a Sola. When I first did the research I dismissed it because it wasn't a pram, but actually the additional carry cot works just like a pram, and for the life of the system, the pushchair part is brilliant. It also faces both forward and backwards as a pushchair which the Pliko didn't do. Small and light (perfect for buses and trains), bright and cheerful I love this little pushchair, and it's what I'd recommend to anyone starting out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...