Sunday 23 October 2011

Weekend in Kent

It was my birthday this weekend so the three of us went to stay in Canterbury. Tom and I met at UKC 12 years ago. Here's some of the things we did:


- Took C-bear to UKC, we saw our old college (Eliot) and walked around campus.
- Went for a late afternoon walk in Whitstable, C fell asleep in the buggy and T and I watched the sunset over the harbour and ate fresh hot doughnuts.
- Took C back to Whitstable in the morning and played on the pebbly beach with the bucket and spade.
- Went to Howletts zoo, C miaowed at the tigers and loved watching the gorillas.

We also bought our wedding rings in a little independent jewellers. We got my engagement ring two years ago in York, so I'm happy our wedding rings have come from Canterbury. I love that they come from the place T & I met and that just helps make them extra special.

It was the first time we've taken the boy with us to stay in a hotel, things weren't perfect but he was pretty good. We only had the one room, so put him down in his cot and hid round the corner (!), there were some tears, but only for 5 mins then he slept through. It did mean I had to get up at 6.15am on my birthday, but I suppose that happens with having kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...