Monday 3 October 2011

Losing the Baby Weight - Take Two, this time it's serious

Back in July I wrote this post about finally losing some baby weight. As with lots of good intentions, mine slipped. I did the Slim Fast part fine, but then we went on holiday and I took a break which lasted a little too long. But we've now set the date for the wedding (25th February 2012!!) and with the big day fast-approaching it's finally the inspiration I need to seriously lose the baby belly.

Ideally I'd love to be my pre-pregnancy size 12 for the wedding. Before I started my diet and fitness regime 3 weeks ago I was a borderline size 18 (mostly a 16 but in some shops an 18). This is the photo that made me realise it was time to do something about it. We went to a friends wedding and I had to buy a new dress because I didn't fit any of my pre-pregnancy ones.



This is the size I'd like to get back to. I doubt I'll do it before the wedding, but I'm going to try.


So I joined a gym, not a proper-scary-full-of-stick-people type gym but an old lady gym near the station. It's called gymnophobics, is cheaper then LA Fitness or Fitness First, and designed for women who want to lose weight but don't have much free time. Perfect. So I do my 30 min sessions 3 times a week and am already feeling so much better. On Saturday I even ran part of the way home (we live at the top of a MASSIVE hill, so my goal is to be back in enough shape to run it all without stopping).

To go with the gym regime I've started a diet. In the end after much decision I decided to do Diet Chef. It's a little more expensive then some, but I know it works and for someone with little time the meals are perfect. You basically get all meals delivered and just have to buy fresh veg, fruit and skimmed milk. The meals are vacuum packed and really yummy.

So hopefully it will finally be bye bye baby weight and hello yummy mummy!http://www.gymophobics.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...