Monday 13 February 2012

Blessed

I've just watched a particularly emotional episode of One Born Every Minute, this programme is amazing (read my post on the last series), but this week especially, it made me realise how lucky I am.



I have a partner who loves me, who loves me so much that in two weeks time we're getting married! There was a 17 year old girl, whose birth partner was her Mum because her real partner was in prison. Her whole story was so sad, she'd said she didn't want children until she was 28, she wanted to live first, but had fallen pregnant by accident and wanted to do the right thing and keep the baby.

My birth was straight forward, and lasted 4 hours from start to finish. The other Mum was having her second baby, everything was going fine until the baby's shoulders got stuck. There were some agonising minutes when the whole team of midwives worked to deliver the baby. All was fine in the end but as I watched, on the edge of tears, I felt so blessed to have had such an easy labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...