Thursday 9 February 2012

A Magical Weekend

I love snow, it brings out the kid in all of us and we had a great weekend. Saturday was my hen night, I won't go into too much detail, but it involved a lot of bubbly, karaoke and a 26 inch pizza! Although it was in Bloomsbury, and I live about 10 miles away, four of us had booked in overnight at a hotel. Bliss. We left the venue in the early hours to find snow falling (when we'd gone in there had been no snow at all) and walked, in heels, the 100 yards to the hotel. It made the wonderful night even more special (though some of the other hens had to leave early to avoid train nightmares) but a nice memory, to say be able to say 'do you remember when it snowed on my hen night.'

In the morning I wasn't woken at 5.45am by a little boy wanting to get up, instead we lay in until 8.45am  and went downstairs for a full English. I then said my goodbyes and hurried home to play with my boys in the snow. Trains were a no no, so I got the bus across central London and back home, it took an hour but I got some niceish pictures, though excuse the steamed up windows and odd angles!
Snowy phone box neat Tottenham Court Road
Snowy, grey Trafalgar Square

Coming home to my boy
When I got home C-bear was sooo excited about the snow, he kept on shouting "snow snow" and "snow man". Daddy bear had already taken him to the park and we'd just decided to stay in and watch a film when our friends called round to see if we wanted to go sledging. C-bear was way too excited to nap, so we spent the afternoon in Crystal Palace park. We sledged down little hills and built ourselves up to the bigger ones, C loved all the snowmen, there were tons in the park, including a snow bunny and then we made one for him. It was huge, at times I was slightly scared that it would fall on top of him in a horrific snow-related accident, but all went well and C didn't want to leave. Even now, with most of the snow men melted he still talks about snow. And as I sit and type it's begun to snow again tonight, so maybe C's wish will come true and he'll have another snowman to play with this weekend.

Making friends with a mini snowman

Amazing snow bunny!
Our snowman
In the warm with the Duplo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...