Saturday 18 February 2012

One week to go and thoughts on the honeymoon

This time next week I will be a married Mama, wow, I'm so excited, we've been planning this for ages and now it's so close. I can't believe we get to spend a day together with friends and family simply celebrating our love and relationship. It's going to be so fun.

This week we've been finalising everything. Flowers - done, Outfits - done, Venue - done, Menu - done, Drinks - done, Music for the DJ - done, Hair Cut - done. Apart from the cake (I'm making the middle layer (Madagascan Vanilla) this Wednesday, Mum has already made the (traditional fruit recipe she used for her wedding) bottom and (yummy extra chocolaty chocolate) top layers) the only thing we haven't booked yet is the honeymoon! We have decided where we're going.....

Image taken from Wikipedia

Yes, we're going to Rome!

Daddy bear and I have booked a week off in April and whilst C-bear stays with his Nana and Grandad, we're going to take 3 or 4 nights in Rome. I am so very excited, I can't believe we're going. I studied literature at Uni and two of the modules 'Italy from Abroad' and 'Italy from Within' looked at novels set in Italy by foreign authors and Italian authors. They were my favourite modules to do and ever since I've always wanted to visit Italy. We've got our eye on an amazing 5 star hotel, but can't book it just yet. We've asked our guests to put money towards our honeymoon fund rather then give us gifts (we've been together for 11 years and don't need new linen, plates etc), so are waiting until after the wedding to book.

C-bear will also join in the fun, we'll use the rest of the money to take a family holiday, somewhere hot, later in the year.

Right now though, in the blissful week of knowing everything is done for the wedding, my thoughts are turning to the honeymoon and how we'll spend our time in Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...