Monday 18 June 2012

Coldplay Concert

Finally got my camera back, so here's the photos from Coldplay.


Coldplay are one of my husband's favourite bands and I love them too. They remind me of  the first few years of uni, where Tom and I met. We've each got an original single of Yellow from June 2000, we bought them just before the summer vacation after our 1st year of uni together, I played that song constantly throughout that summer! And of course, we danced to Yellow at the wedding. We've seen Coldplay twice before and T bought the tickets to this concert before we'd had the wedding, because we knew it would be our first dance.

So anyway, these boys know how to put on a great concert. We already were expecting the famed wristbands, but not all the other little extravagances


When we arrived we all got to pick out a wristband. There were LOADS of colours, I chose green and pink and Tom chose white and pink (after my teasing he later said he was confused so took the first one he saw!), when these little bands lit up it was incredible, a completely amazing experience. (I later read that the wristbands alone cost the band £400k per show!!!).

The show started with fireworks followed by flashing lights and lasers, then massive confetti blowers throughout the stadium blew up large confetti pieces, they went everywhere, all over the stage and I caught one from our seats.



Then they released balloon/balls which bounced across the fans and all around the stadium:



Then they turned the wristbands on and flashed them in time to the music - simply stunning and so much fun to be part of.


And finally came blow up shapes, with amazing lights and lasers.



Chris Martin:



We had such a fun night, it was nice to go out and act like a couple, knowing C-bear was safe at home with my Aunt and Uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...