Sunday 10 June 2012

Why I blog - Fill in the blank Fridays



Yes, I'm two days late with this, but Lauren @thelittlethingswedo has changed the rules slightly, and something that would normally take a quick 10 mins, has proven to take a little longer. Here's my answer to this week's Fill in the Blank Friday question:

I enjoy it, if I didn't this blog would have a lot less posts. I started blogging back in 2009 when I put together a fun little blog, The Ginger Prince, about our new kitten Oliver, but I got a little bored with that and so started my current blog under the name of The Battersea Booklover, it was a blog about books, my first post was pretty terrible, a book review of Anna Karenina. When my son was born in 2010 my blog took a new twist, a new name, The London Mama, and it became something far more important to me then an occasional hobby.

Through blogging I have found so much advice for raising my son. I read a lot of parenting books and parenting pages but it's been reading other mamas blogs that has really helped me to see the importance of motherhood. I've watched other babies across the world grow at the same time as my own and even though I've never met them, the opportunity to share their lives has been immense.

Ultimately though I blog for myself and for keeping a diary of life as a new mother. I want to look back at this little blog in many years time and smile at the trials and tribulations, the successes and failures and (to be honest) the photos of my little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...