Saturday 5 March 2011

A night without baby

Tonight, is the first night that we're going to leave Charlie for the whole night. He's 10 months old and we're going out for Tom's birthday.

I'm apprehensive about how it will go, but he's plenty big enough and loves spending time with Nana and Grandad. He's pretty terrible at night so not sure if we'll be invited back (!!!), usually waking 3 or 4 times and usually gets breastfed as a comforter. But we're trying to wean him off this so hopefully he'll be ok. Nana will sleep in with him and there will be a cup of milk on hand if he can't be soothed to sleep.

I'm also excited it's the first time in 18 months (8 months knowing I was pregnant and 10 months of C's life) that I'll be able to have a few drinks with the knowledge that I won't be going home to be in charge of a baby and that I'll get a lie in in the morning - bliss! So tonight we're seeing friends, having a meal, drinks and have hired a karaoke bar, it's going to be great!



(But we'll still be on red alert in case a small boy needs us to come back early)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...