Saturday, 18 August 2012
Liebster Blog Award
I've been awarded a Liebster Blog Award by Beth at MommaB&BabyBoy! It's a great award that let's you find out a bit more about other bloggers you follow. Sorry it's taken me sooooo long to respond and actually answer the questions!
The rules are simple:
- post 5 random facts about yourself
- choose 5 other deserving blogs with less than 200 subscribers to nominate and link their blogs in your post.
- tell your nominees you have chosen them for this award by leaving a comment on their blogs
- answer the 5 questions the tagger has asked you and ask your own 5 questions to the people you nominate.
- no tag backs.
So, 5 random facts about me:
01. I always paint my toe nails dark red, I have for years and years, can't remember when I first started doing it, maybe 2002?
02. Although I live in London now I was brought up on a small farm in Wiltshire.
03. I'm addicted to tea and coffee (I think I've said this before), I literally have to have a cup every hour at work and I've also converted the rest of my team.
04. I'm really rubbish at going to the doctors. I just never seem to find the time. I was told by doctor in December to come and have an asthma check and have only just got round to booking that appointment now...
05. I sleep on the right-hand-side, hubs sleeps on the left, we've always done this since we first got together.
01. What's the most-worn/favourite item of clothing you own?
My FatFace jeans - they are slightly flared, blue denim, I would wear them everyday if I could. I love their big smartphone friendly pockets.
02. When & why did you start blogging?
July 2009, we got a new cat and I started a lighthearted blog called The Ginger Prince to track his kittenhood, here's my first post, it was pretty poor! I got bored with it after a few months and started my current blog under the name 'The Battersea Booklover', it was all about my life and the books I revolved around, when we had Charlie it grew with me and turned into the blog as you see it today. I still feel really sad about The Ginger Prince blog, I grew tired of it and stopped and then our little kitten died at just over one year old on the 7th April 2010, exactly one month before Charlie was born and one day before I started maternity leave.
03. What's your favourite snack?
Healthy - salt and vinegar snack a jacks - they're really moreish
Less healthy - Cadbury's caramel - yum
04. Do people 'IRL' know that you blog?
A few. My husband does, and reads it quite regularly. A few relatives know about the link from when I started ages ago, but I don't think they read it now??? And I passed on the url to a few old school/uni/work friends, who I'm in touch with through FB and who fell pregnant after me. Blogging and reading Mummy blogs is such a big part of my life I wanted to share it with those others. I don't know whether they continue to read, I suspect not!!! Friends and colleagues know that I 'blog' but I've not actually given them the url, so unless they are particularly stalkerish, I don't think they're reading it :)
05. If your kiddo was a girl, what would you have called her?
We had the girl's name decided before the boy's! Evie, full name Evelyn Kate. You never know, we may use it when we have baby number two, but that won't be for a little while yet!
My Questions for You!
01. Of all your posts, which was your favourite to write?
02. Have you ever met a blogger you follow in real life?
03. What's your favourite book - one for you and one for reading with your little one?
04. What's your favourite blog, the one you read every post for and will skip reading others before you read this one?
05. Did you blog before you became a mother? and if so what was it about?
The blogs I'm tagging:
01. Mummy Plum
02. Mum Down South
04. Grace and Me
05. A Yummy Mummy's Baby Adventures
Have fun writing your replies ladies!