Friday 24 August 2012

When baby's away

After a miscommunication about half day closing at nursery, T's parents stepped in and took C-bear for a sleepover at their's before a day of grandparent fun today. Which meant this morning I had something I don't think I've had in 27 months - the house to myself in the morning! Hubs left early for work so I had a glorious hour and a quarter alone and boy did I take advantage:

- I had my shower with the door closed and the radio on
- I flicked casually through my wardrobe
- I switched Cbeebies for Chris Evans
- I tidied up (grandparents staying for a movie tonight)
- I had a cup of coffee and checked emails and FB
-there was no cajoling to get dressed, fix milk or cereal or changing big wet nappies!
- I'm actually working a normal 9am - 5.30pm day
- I took the bins out (how hard is it to carry a bin bag with a toddler and get through the 3 main doors and steep steps that lead to our bins)
- I walked through the park as it wasn't too early for the gates to be open
- I saw an ex-colleague I've not seen for years on the train

So as much as I wouldn't swap being a mama for anything, it was nice to have a reminder of getting ready for work with only myself to sort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...